Lower Back Extension Exercise
This is a bit of a harder lower back extension exercise. It may not suit everyone, especially the final steps which involve pushing yourself up onto your arms as in the diagram. Watch the video to see how to start nice and easily with this one.
Level – Moderate
- Lie on your front on a firm surface
- Start by gently pushing your chest away from the floor
- If this is comfortable try pushing up onto your elbows
- If you are happy with that gently push yourself up onto your arms
- Hold the stretch for a short time and repeat
- If it is too difficult try this back extension in standing exercise first.
This lower back exercise stretches the joints, ligaments and muscles in your lower back.
More Lower Back Extension Exercise - Stretching Exercises Main Page
Lower Back Pain Toolkit Home Page
Advertisement - Article Continues Below